6-19. TRANSMISSION REPAIR. (Continued)
(16) To remove reverse idler gear (22). Drive
reverse idler gear shaft (24) out of case from front to
(12) Remove drive gear (15) and bearing (16) by
rear using a drive. Remove reverse gear (22) from case
tapping gently on bottom side of drive gear
shaft and prying directly opposite against the
case and bearing snap ring groove at the
b. Drive Gear Disassembly.
Remove mainshaft pilot bearing rollers (25)
(a) Remove 4th. gear synchronizing ring (17).
from drive gear (15) if not already removed
and remove roller retainer (26).
(b) Index cut out section of drive gear (15) in
remove snap ring on the inside of the drive
down position with countergear (18) to
obtain clearance for removing clutch gear.
(2) Remove snap ring (27) securing bearing (28) on
(13) Remove rear mainshaft bearing retainer ring
stem of drive gear.
(19) and using countergear rear bearing
remover and bearing puller, remove bearing
(3) Position driver gear bearing remover/installer to
(20) from case. Slide 1st. Gear thrust washer
the bearing using an arbor press and press
(21) off mainshaft.
plate holder. Press gear and shaft (15) out of
Raise rear of mainshaft assembly and push
rearward in case bore. Swing front end up and
lift from case. Remove synchronizer cone
(16) from shaft (5)
Slide reverse idler gear (22) rearward and
move countergear (18) rearward until the
front end is free of the case (23). Lift
countergear (18) to remove from case (23).