6-14. OIL PUMP MAINTENANCE. (Continued)
(1) Remove the pump cover attaching screws
(10) and the pump cover (5).
(2) Mark gear teeth (6) so they may be
reassembled with the same teething
(3) Remove the pressure regulator valve
retaining pin, pressure regulator valve and
(4) Replace any damaged parts.
(1) Install the pressure regulator valve and
(2) Install the gear (6) and shaft (7) in the
(3) Install the pump cover (5) and secure with
(4) Turn the drive shaft by hand to check for
a. Position oil pump (2) and extension shaft (3) to
rear main bearing cap, aligning hex on top of
extension shaft with drive hex on lower end of
vacuum pump drive shaft.
b. Install oil pump bolt (1).
c. Torque bolt to 65 ft-lbs (90 N-m).
d. Install oil pan (paragraph 4-114).
e. Refill engine oil (paragraph 4-9).