4-259. PREPARING VEHICLE FOR SHIPMENT OR STORAGE (Continued).
g. Transmission, Clutch, and Transfer Case.
Fill transmission, master clutch reservoir, and transfer case to proper operating level and operate through all
ranges to assure lubricant coverage of all interior parts and surfaces (paragraph 4-9).
(1) Lubricate door hinges, latches, and operating mechanisms.
(2) Open windows 1/2 inch for ventilation.
(3) Remove wiper blades (paragraph 4-123) and store inside cab compartment.
(4) Remove mirrors (paragraph 4-159) and store inside cab compartment.
i. Firefighting System.
(1) Thoroughly flush system and spray piping with preservat.i
(2) Remove hose reel nozzle and store inside rear compartment.
Block tires clear of ground and reduce tire pressure to approximately 25% of normal operating pressure
4-260. SERVICING VEHICLE WHILE IN STORAGE.
a. Every Month.
Check batteries for water level and specific gravity and change if needed.
b. Every Six Months.
(1) Visually inspect engine and radiator for leakage or other defects.
(2) Install fully charged batteries.
(3) Check level of coolant in raid tor and add coolant if necessary (paragraph 4-72).
(4) Drain the fuel tank (paragraph 4-88).
Change 1 4-361