4-259. PREPARING VEHICLE FOR SHIPMENT OR STORAGE (Continued).
c. Fuel System.
(1) Clean or replace air cleaner (paragraph 4-83).
(2) Drain the fuel tank (paragraph 4-88).
(3) Remove, empty, and reinstall fuel filter (paragraph 4-84).
(4) Put 2 oz. of a fuel stabilizer in the fuel tank and refill tank with diesel fuel.
(5) Start the engine and run at idle speed for approximately 4 minutes to circulate the fuel stabilizer.
d. Engine Lubrication.
(1) Oil or grease all linkage connections, joints, nuts, pins, shafts, and bushings (paragraph 4-9).
(2) Drain lub oil from engine crankcase (paragraph 4-9).
(3) Change the oil filter (paragraph 4-9).
(4) Fill engine with oil (paragraph 4-9).
(5) Start the engine and run at idle speed for approximately 30 seconds.
Ensure batteries are fully charged before shipment or storage.
Remove batteries and store in a cool dry place 32°to°F (0° to 10° C) to minimize discharge.
f. Drive Belts.
(1) Loosen tension on all drive belts (paragraph 4-76).
(2) Coat unpainted surfaces of pulley grooves with primer (Appendix D, Item 34).
(3) A warning tag bearing the information "TENSION RELEASED ON ALL DRIVE BELTS, ADJUST BEFORE
USE" shall be attached to the steering wheel.
4-360 Change 1