4-208. BRAKE SYSTEM SERVICE. (Continued)
(4) Install the bleeder adapter and bleed each
wheel in the following sequence: Right
rear, left rear, right front, left front.
(5) Connect the hose from the bleeder to the
adapter at the master cylinder and open
the tank valve.
(6) Attach a hose to a brake bleeder screw
and immerse the opposite end of the hose
into a container partially filled with clean
brake fluid (Appendix D, Item 4).
(7) Open the bleeder screw at least 3/4 of a
turn and allow the fluid to flow until no air
is seen in the fluid.
d. Flushing The Brake System.
(8) Close the bleeder screw, repeating step 7
at all the wheels; (9) Check the brake for
It is recommended that the entire
sponginess repeating the entire bleeding
hydraulic system be thoroughly
procedure if this condition is found.
flushed with clean brake fluid
(Appendix D, Item 4) whenever
new parts are installed in the
(11) Disconnect the line from the bleeder
Flushing is also recommended if
adapter and remove the bleeder adapter.
there is any doubt as to the grade
of fluid in the system or if fluid has
(12) Fill the master cylinder to the proper level
been used which contains the
with brake fluid (Appendix D, Item 4).
slightest trace of mineral oil. Flush
the system whenever there is any
question of contamination.
Check master cylinder fluid level
after flushing at each valve and
replenish if required.
flushing is completed at all bleeder
valves, make certain the master
cylinder reservoir is filled to proper