4-204. LUGS REPLACEMENT. (Continued)
a. Single Wheels
(1) Install wheel and tire assembly in position
on the hub/rotor, and lug nuts installed
(2) Turn the wheel until one nut is at the top
of the bolt circle. Tighten the nut just
(3) Snug up the remaining nuts in a criss-
(4) Torque lugs (1) to 140 ft lbs (190 N-m),
evenly and alternatively, to avoid
Be sure the pins on the clamp ring
b. Dual Wheels
(1) Install inner and outer wheel and clamp
ring on the rear wheel.
(2) Install lug nuts finger tight.
(3) Torque lugs to 140 ft-lbs (190 N-m),
evenly and alternatively to avoid
c. Lower vehicle to ground.
4-205. TIRES REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
Tire Changing Machine
(Appendix D, Item 25)