PUMP DRIVE AND PTO - Continued
(25) Use shop vise as a press. Place the slip joint yoke between the vise jaws and begin to close the vise.
Continue to tighten the vise until the second bearing cap (9) is flush with the yoke lug.
(26) Open the shop vise to accommodate the slip joint yoke (1), a large socket and a small socket as shown.
Tighten the vise until the small socket has forced the bearing cap (9) into the yoke enough to install one
snap ring (8).
(27) Remove from vise and install snap ring (8) into groove.
(28) Rotate the shaft 1/2 turn and install second snap ring (8) similarly to steps 26 and 27 preceding.
(29) Center the cross (7) in the slip joint yoke (1) by striking the yoke with a soft faced hammer as shown.
Support the free bearing caps (9).
(30) Install grease fitting (6) into cross (7). Lubricate drive shaft after shaft has been installed in truck.
(31) Install universal joint between the tight end yoke (2) and the flanged yoke (11) following steps 21 thru 30
preceding. This procedure will have to be carried out twice for complete installation.