HOSE BODY - Continued
Compartment Boxes - Continued
(5) To assemble the left hand compartment assembly, attach four center boxes (E, F, G, H) as shown. Make
sure boxes are in correct order and that the tops are level. Lockbolt boxes together.
Measure and scribe a vertical line 1.7 in. (4.3 cm) as shown on compartment (H) rear panel.
Position lower panel so that it is level with compartment boxes and adjacent to scribe mark.
Secure lower panel in this position using lockbolts. If the lower panel is new, use holes in compartment
rear panels as drill templates.
Aline compartment (D) beneath compartment (H) and attach using lockbolts. Replace splash guard, see
Install fender skirt under boxes (F and G). Secure fender skirt to compartment boxes (D, F, and G)
using lockbolts. If compartment boxes are new, use fender skirt as a drill template.
(10) Aline compartment box (C) beneath compartment box (E) and attach using lockbolts. If compartment
box (C) is new, replace main body angle. Fasten to compartment using lockbolts.
(11) Position compartment box (A and B) onto compartment boxes (E, F, G, and H). Make sure all outer
surfaces are flush, then lockbolt boxes together. If compartment boxes (A and B) are new, replace
stiffener, see para. 2-11.1.
(12) To install upper panel, measure in 1.7 in. (4.3 cm) from the forward most edge of compartment boxes
(E and A). Support upper panel on lower panel and adjacent to scribe mark.
(13) Secure upper panel to compartment boxes using lockbolts.
(14) Attach fender skirt to compartment box (C) using lockbolts.
(15) If all repairs are completed, reassemble hose body by attaching the following subassemblies;
Rear Panel Assembly (see d. preceding)
Front Panel Assembly (see c. preceding)
Hose Bed (see b. preceding)
Compartment Tops (see a. preceding).,