HOSE BODY - Continued
2-11.1 Hose Body Assembly - Continued
Compartment Lamp Bracket Repair
There are fourteen compartment lamp brackets; seven are left hand brackets.
Repair procedures will be the same for all fourteen brackets.
(1) If hose body is still mounted on truck, disconnect batteries, see TM 5-4210-220-12.
(2) If necessary, remove all auxiliary equipment from compartment box.
(3) Remove compartment lamp bracket (8) from compartment box (4), by removing two capscrews (1) and
locknuts (2). Discard locknuts.
(4) If bracket (8) needs to be straightened or replaced remove lamp assembly (12) as detailed in TM 5-4210-
(5) Remove switch (5) from bracket (8) by
removing nut (7).
(6) Straighten bent or dented bracket (8) using
basic body repair tools.
(7) If damage is excessive, replace bracket (8).
(8) Install switch (5) into bracket (8). Thread
nut (7) onto switch stem and tighten firmly.
Make sure electrical connections are not
contacting bracket (ground).
Install compartment lamp assembly (12)
onto bracket (8) as detailed in TM 5-4210-
(10) Attach compartment lamp bracket to compartment box (4) using two capscrews (1) and new locknuts (2). Do
(11) Adjust compartment lamp bracket so that when compartment door is closed, inner panel depresses switch
plunger and light shuts off.
There are two box stiffeners used on the left hand compartment box assembly.
This instruction assumes the hose body is being rebuilt with new compartments and compartment top.