HOSE BODY - Continued
Box Rear Plate Repair
There is only one removable box rear
plate. It is located on the left, front,
lower compartment box. This plate,
when removed, allows access to fire
(1) Remove all auxiliary equipment from left,
front, lower compartment box (1).
(2) Remove fasteners 12) that retain box rear
plate (3) to the mounting angles (4).
Remove box rear plate from compartment
(3) Examine fasteners and as detailed in para
2-7. Replace parts as necessary.
mounting holes, cracks or dents. Repair
Replace box rear plate if damage is
Apply 1/8 In. (3 mm) bead of sealant (item
25, Appendix B) on angle faces (4).
(6) Install box rear plate (3) into left, front, lower compartment box and secure to mounting angles (4) using
fasteners (2). Tighten capscrews firmly.
(7) Replace all auxiliary equipment into compartment box
Door Seal Repair
All compartment boxes have door seals. This procedure describes seal repair for one compartment box.
(1) To remove door seal (1), grasp outer surface of seal and pull away from compartment box (2) lip.
(2) Inspect rubber for cuts, crack, or deterioration.
(3) Examine seal (1) for expansion. Expansion may be caused by a corroded wire carrier. Replace seal if any
defects are noticed.
(4) Install door seal (1) onto compartment box (2) lip as shown. Make sure-all corners are cut to 45 deg. angles.
Once all seals are properly cut, apply vulcanizer (item 33, Appendix B) to seal corners