HOSE BODY - Continued
Hose Body Assembly - Continued
(3) Transfer wiring, lighting and trim components as necessary. Make sure to install all components in the same
position as before removal.
(4) Inspect all fasteners as detailed in para. 2-7. Replace parts as necessary.
(5) Inspect vibration isolators in frame and replace if any wear or damage is visible. Do not use petroleum base
products as a lubricant during installation.
Secure load washer to vibration isolator using electrical tape (item 11, Appendix B). This will hold load
washer during installation.
(2) Attach a lifting sling to the hose body.
(3) Carefully lift hose body from repair stand. Lift hose body high enough to clear water/foam tank and support
over truck frame
(4) Thread foam and water tank level gage wiring harness and tank fill hose through front plate of hose body and
attach to tank.
(5) Carefully lower hose body onto truck frame. Frequently check that all hoses, wiring or linkages are out of the
way and not obstructing installation. Make sure to feed tank fill hose and wiring through hose body front
panel. When hose body is approximately 1 foot (300 mm) from frame, check fire pump and ensure fire
pump does not hinder hose body lowering.
(6) When hose body mount is about to contact the load washers, aline mounting holes with pry bar. Carefully
lower hose body remainder of travel and secure using eight capscrews, washers, snubbing washers and
(7) Connect hose body ground strap.
(8) Reconnect hose body wiring. The main wiring plug is located on left hand frame rail, directly below pump
(9) Install auxiliary engine cooler on hose body front panel.
(10) Install pump body as detailed in para. 2-10.1.
(11) Carefully install rear suction and discharge piping through hose body rear panel. Guide piping along frame
rails and attach to appropriate manifold (suction/discharge) using victualic coupling (see TM 5-4210-220-12).
Attach suction and discharge piping clamps to frame rails.
(12) Install hose reel cover to underside of truck.
(13) Install hose reel blower, APU, 110-Vac inverter and harness, as detailed in TM 5-4210-220-12.
(14) Install nipple, swivel adapter, and plug through hose body rear panel and into automatic tank fill valve, Apply
pipe sealant (item 22, Appendix B) to all male pipe threads prior to installation.