ENGINE - Continued
Cylinder Block - Continued
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin. Do not use
compressed air for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11
kg/cm2) or less. When working with compressed air always use chip guards, eye protection
and other personal protective equipment.
(6) Be sure all water passages, oil galleries and air box drain openings have been thoroughly cleaned.
The cylinder head bolt hole plugs are designed to seal the head bolt holes from the water jacket in block
(7) After block has been cleaned, remove all ten hole plugs. Plugs have a 1/4 in. square recessed socket. Buff
plugs clean, and clean threaded bores with bottom tap J25384.
(8) Apply threadlock liquid (item 29, Appendix B) to the threads in the block at plug installation level and to the
plug threads screw plug in until the top of the plug is 1.980 2.070 in. (50.29 -52.58 mm) below the block
surface for bolt clearance.
(9) Remove excess threadlock liquid from hole with bottom tap.
(10) Allow sealant to set for twelve hours.