(108) Place the fuel pump drive disc spacer (31) over the forward end of the right hand helix rotor shaft. Then place
the special lockwasher (30) and the drive disc (32) on the retaining bolt (29) and thread the bolt into the rotor
shaft against the spacer. Tighten the bolt to 65 ft lb (88 Nm). Bend one tang of the lockwasher over into the
slot in the drive disc and two tangs over against the flat sides of the bolt head.
(109) If disassembled attach the two flex plates (9) to the drive hub (11) with three new type (B) hex lock bolts (8).
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REUSE PATCH BOLTS. Tighten the bolts to 30 ft lb (41 Nm).
(110) Attach the drive assembly (9) to the right-hand helix blower rotor timing gear with three spacers (12) and
three type (B) hex lockbolts (8). Tighten the bolts to 30 ft lb (41 Nm).
When replacement of a blower drive assembly is necessary, the new drive hub plus the new blower drive
shaft flex plates, type (B) hex lockbolts and hub spacers must be used.
(111) Affix a new gasket to the blower rear end plate cover. Place the cover over the gears and against the end
plate (7), with the opening in the cover over the blower drive hub attached to the right-hand helix gear. Install
the rear cover using ten capscrews (4), special washers (5), and lockwashers (6). Tighten the capscrews to
17 ft lb (23 Nm).
The tab on the gasket is to assure the gasket is in place.
(112) Install the mechanical governor as detailed in para. 2-19.13.
(113) Install the fuel pump as detailed in TM 5-4210-220-12.
(114) Attach the mini bypass blower and hose to the blower end plate (7).
(115) Install blower onto engine as described in INSTALLATION preceding.
If blower is to be stored, block off inlet and outlet passages using masking tape (item 18, Appendix B) to
prevent entry of contamination.