(48) Replace all worn or excessively damaged blower parts.
Death or serious injury could occur If compressed air is directed against the skin. Do not use compressed
air for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm2) or less. When
working with compressed air always use chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective
(49) Clean the oil strainer in the vertical oil passage at the bottom side of each blower end plate and blow out all
oil passages with compressed air.
To install the ring-type oil seal carriers, collars, seal rings, and roller bearings on the rotor shafts and in the
end plates carry out steps 50 thru 58 following.
(50) Support one of the rotor assemblies (19) on
wood blocks on the bed of an arbor press.
(51) Lubricate the Inside diameter of the oil seal
ring carrier (33) with engine oil (item 17,
Appendix B). Then start the carrier straight
over the end of the rotor shaft with the
chamfered inside diameter end facing the
(52) Place the oil seal ring carrier installer
J6270-13 over the end of the rotor shaft
and against the carrier (33) with the end of
the installer under the ram of the press
Then press the carrier down tight against
(53) Install the remaining oil seal ring carriers on
both rotor shafts in the same manner.
(54) Install an oil seal ring (34) in the ring groove
of each carrier (33) with a pair of snap ring
To avoid breaking the oil seal rings, do not spread them anymore than necessary to place them over the
end of the carrier. Do not twist the rings or possible distortion may result in loss of side contact area.
(55) Support the blower end plate (3), inner face up, on wood blocks on the bed of an arbor press.
(56) Lubricate the outside diameter of a seal ring collar (35) with engine oil (item 17, Appendix B). Then start the
chamfered outside diameter end of the collar straight into the bore in the end plate (3).