TRANSMISSION - Continued
(53) Install check valve pin (6), smaller end first,
through the top side of oil transfer plate (1).
Install lubrication valve (5), spring (4), and
cup washer (3) onto pin (6), from bottom
side of plate (1). Depress cup washer (4)
and install retainer pin (2).
(54) Position oil transfer plate (1), channeled
side upward, on the work table.
Failure to retain the balls with petroleum
jelly (item 21, Appendix B) may result in
balls being accidentally misplaced during
subsequent assembly steps.
(55) Place check ball # 1 in the third clutch
pressure line next to the 3-4 relay valve.
Place check ball # 2 in the second clutch
pressure line next to the 2-3 relay valve.
Retain balls in the plate with petroleum jelly
(item 21, Appendix B).
Do not separate the oil transfer plate
and the separator plate during handling.
A slight separation could dislocate the
check valve balls and cause malfunction
of the transmission.
(56) Place separator plate (3) onto the oil
transfer plate (1) so that their bolt holes
aline. Grasp the two plates together,
invert them, and position them on the
assembled control valve body so that
priority valve (40) is compressed against
spring (39) into its bore in valve body (1).
(57) Install the assembled modulator valve (4)
onto the oil transfer plate as shown. Install
three 1/4 20 X 2 1/2 in. bolts to retain the
separator plate, and control valve body
assembly as a unit. Do not tighten the
bolts at this time.
(58) Aline the bolt holes in the control valve assembly with those in the separator plate and oil transfer plate.
When all bolt holes are alined, tighten the bolts 12 ft lb (16 Nm).
(59) Install manual selector valve (6) into bore of control valve body (1). Valve may be retained by tape or soft wire
temporarily until the valve assembly is installed onto the transmission.