TRANSMISSION - Continued
Removal Of Valve Bodies
(1) Remove signal tube (1) and low signal tube
(2) Remove bolts A and B Install two 1/4 - 20
guide bolts J24315-3 into positions A and
(3) Remove the five bolts remaining in the low
trimmer valve body. Remove the low
trimmer valve body (3).
(4) Remove the one remaining bolt in the low
shift valve body (4). Remove the low shift
(5) Remove the seven remaining bolts that
retain the lockup cutoff valve (5). Remove
the lockup cutoff valve.
(6) Remove eighteen bolts from the control
valve (6). Remove the selector lever detent
retainer bolt (7).
(7) Remove the two bolts and washers (8) that
retain the baffle (9) to the oil transfer plate.
(8) Remove the control valve body assembly,
separator plate and transfer plate as a unit.
Low Clutch Trimmer Valve Inspection, Repair
(1) Press inward on retainer plug (2), and
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 (safety or
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin
contact with the liquid. Do not use near
open flame, arcing equipment or other
ignition sources. Always wear eye
protection and protective clothing. The
13.8.deg. F (30 to 59 deg. C).
(2) Release pressure, and remove plug (2),
spring (4 and 5), valve stop (6), plug (7) and
valve (8). Inspect and clean parts with dry
cleaning solvent (item 10, Appendix B)
replace any damaged parts.
(3) Install low clutch trimmer valve (8), recessed
end first, into valve body (1).