TRANSMISSION - Continued
Press only on numbered end of bearing when Installing needle bearings.
(1 5) If needle bearing (3) was removed, press a new bearing to 0.04 in. (1.0 mm) below the outside surface of
(16) If bearing (10) was removed, press a new bearing flush with, to 0.010 in. (0.25 mm) below the outside
surface of plate (9).
(17) Install pump drive gear (1) into body (5) and install lock roller(15) into Its groove in the shaft of gear (1).
Install internal drive gear (7) onto the shaft of gear (1), alining the lock roller with the groove in the gear.
Secure the gear with snap ring (8).
(18) Install plate (9) onto body (5). Install snap rings (11) onto spindles (6).
(19) Pump assembly is ready for installation.
PTO Top And Side Drive Gear Removal And
(1) Remove the bolt (1) that retains the top PTO
idler gear spindle (2).
(2) Use slide hammer J24171-4 (3) and adapter
J24171-2 to remove the -spindle and top
gear assembly (4). Press the spindle from
the bearing. If the gear is damaged,
replace the gear assembly.