TRANSMISSION - Continued
Torque Converter Pump Assembly Repair
(1) Remove seal ring (4) from the front of converter pump.
(2) Flatten the corners of the Iockstrips (1), and remove twelve bolts (3) from the converter pump.
(3) Remove bolts (3), lockstrips (1), retainer (2), gear hub (9) and hub seal (10).
(4) Do not remove bearing from housing unless part replacement is necessary.
(5) If bearing (8) was removed, install a new bearing grooved end last, into drive gear (9)
(6) Install drive gear (9) and bearing (8) onto converter pump (5). Retain drive gear (9) and bearing
(8) to converter pump (5) with retainer (2), twelve bolts (3) and six lockstrips (1).
(7) Tighten the bolts to 33 - 40 ft lb (45 - 54 Nm). Bend the corner of each lockstrip to retain the twelve bolts.
(8) Install seal ring onto the outside diameter of converter pump assembly.
(9) Converter pump ready for assembly to converter shaft.
Scavenge Oil Pump Removal, Inspection And Repair
(1) Position the transmission horizontally, bottom side downward. Remove bolt from the suction tube retaining
clip on the scavenge pump.
(2) Remove three bolts and lockwashers (2) that retain the scavenge pump assembly. Remove the pump
(3) Place scavenge oil pump assembly on assembly table with external drive gear (1) down and remove snap
(4) Remove oil scavenge pump body plate (9).