ENGINE - Continued
Mechanical Governor - Continued
(28) Thread the gap adjusting screw (13) and locknut (12) into the lever. Thread the starting aid screw (14) and
locknut (19) into the governor housing.
(29) Insert the assembly through the upper bearing bore in the governor housing, with the gap adjusting screw
(13) alined with the starting aid screw (14).
(30) Lubricate the inside diameter of the governor operating shaft fork (18) with engine oil (item 17, Appendix B).
(31) Place the fork (18) over the lower end of the shaft (17) with the finished cam fingers of the fork facing the rear
of the housing. Be sure the flat in the fork is keyed with the flat on the shaft.
(32) Support the governor housing on the bed of a press with the upper end of the shaft resting on a steel support.