ENGINE - Continued
(17) Place a new seal ring (7) over the shaft and push it down into the bearing bore against the bearing.
(18) Install the two seal ring washers (5 and 6) and install the snap ring (4) into the groove in the shaft.
(19) Adjust the governor as detailed in ADJUSTMENT preceding.
(20) Install the cover (2) on the housing with a new gasket (3). Retain with screws (1).
(21) Install stop solenoid and throttle plate as detailed in para. 2-19.12.
Stop Solenoid Shaft Repair
This can be repaired with governor on engine. The stop solenoid shaft bushing is not serviced; replace
top cover if bushing worn.
Carry out steps 1 thru 4 of Speed Control Shaft Repair, a. preceding.
Remove snap ring (11), the two seal ring retainer washers (12 and 13) and the seal ring (14) from the
Discard the seal ring.
Carefully withdraw shaft (10) and retain
the spring (15).
Inspect the spring for wear. Replace
Inspect the play between the shaft (10)
and the bushing in the cover (2).
(7) If there is too much play, replace the
shaft and check for play. If play is still
excessive, replace the cover (2).
Lubricate the stop lever shaft with
grease (item 16, Appendix B).
Place the return spring (15) over the
boss on the inner face of the cover.
(10) Insert the shaft (10) part way into the bushing and hook the end of the return spring over the lever. Then
push the shaft up into the cover.
(11) Position the end of the lever on the right side of the step pin.
(12) Place a new seal ring (14) over the shaft and push it down into the bore, against the bushing.
(13) Install the two seal ring retainer washers (12 and 13) and install the snap ring (11) into the groove on the
(14) Carry out steps 16 thru 20 of Speed Control Shaft Repair, a. preceding.