ENGINE - Continued
Water Pump - Continued
(13) Remove and discard the cover seal ring (4).
(14) Push the oil seal (10) out of pump body (3).
New seals and a new ceramic impeller insert must be used each time a water pump is repaired.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 (safety or Stoddards solvent) is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing
equipment or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and protective clothing. The flash point
of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F (30 to 59 deg. C).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin. Do not use compressed
air for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm2) or less. When
working with compressed air, always use chip guards eye protection and other personal protective
(15) Wash all parts in dry cleaning solvent (item 10, Appendix B) and dry with compressed air. Inspect and replace
damaged or worn parts.
(16) Make sure "Y" drain passage in housing is clear of any obstructions.
(17) Examine bearings for corrosion, pitting and freedom of movement. Replace bearings if any found faulty.
Always replace both bearings.