WATER TANK ASSEMBLY - Continued
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted without sufficient personnel to do the job.
Use proper physical lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device or dolly. Wear safety shoes, gloves,
and other suitable protective clothing.
To remove and install the water tank, overhead lifting equipment is required. Equipment used for removal
of hose and pump bodies is suitable, see para. 2-10.1. Remove water and foam tanks as a single unit.
(1) Crimp winterization hoses (1 and 2) to avoid loss of engine coolant and remove the hoses from foam and
(2) Remove water tank fill hose (12).
(3) At the rear of the water tank disconnect tank fill valve control air line (14).
(4) Remove pump suction pipe between tank and tank valve.
Refer to TM 5-4210-220-12.
Remove foam tank outlet piping (15).
(6) Position lifting equipment above water tank and attach slings to tank lifting eye and around
water tank as necessary.
Remove overflow hose (16) from water tank.
(8) Remove overflow hose (17) from foam tank.
(9) Remove extension cables (18 and 19) from foam and water tank level sensors.
(10) From each of the four tank mounts remove locknuts (3) washers (4), spring (5), snubber
washers (7), and capscrews (8).
(11) Lift foam and water tanks off the truck.
Place and support them on the floor.
(12) Remove capscrews and locknuts (9 and 10). Remove foam tank from water tank.
(13) Remove water level sensor (11).
(14) Examine new water tank for shipping damage.
Remove any debris or foreign material from
inside the tank.
(15) Line up foam tank and new water tank.
Assemble tanks using capscrews (9) and new locknuts
Tighten nuts to 150 ft lb (205 Nm)