FOAM TANK - Continued
(8) Inspect new tank for shipping damage. Remove any loose debris or foreign material from inside the tank.
(9) Rig up lifting sling to tank and overhead lifting equipment.
(10) Lift foam tank and aline it with water tank on truck.
(11) Assemble foam and water tanks using capscrews and nuts (4) and (5). Tighten nuts to 150 ft lb (205 Nm).
(12) Apply pipe sealant (Item 22, Appendix B) to elbow (6) and install it in the tank.
(13) Install level sensor (3) and extension cable (7).
(14) Install winterization hoses (1) and vent hose (2). Remove crimps from winterization hoses.
Foam Tank Repair
Unless repair site is accessible from underneath the truck (heat shield removed (see TM 5-4210-220-12)),
the foam tank must be removed as detailed in REPLACEMENT procedure.
(1) Foam tank leaks may be repaired by welding, see TM 9-237, after tank insulation is removed from the area to
(2) To replace foam tank outlet elbow (1), disconnect foam piping at elbow, see TM 5-4210-220-12, and
unscrew elbow from tank.
(3) Apply pipe sealant (item 22, Appendix B) to new elbow and install In foam tank.
2-137 ( 2-138 Blank)