FIRE PUMP - Continued
(30) Adjust bearing clearance to 0.002 in. (0.05 mm) by turning locknut (21). Once bearing clearance is adjusted,
bend lock tab into one of the lock ring slots. Remove dial indicator.
(31) Install new seal (12) into seal housing (13) Make sure lip of seal faces inwards.
(32) Apply gasket eliminator (item 14, Appendix B) to both sides of gasket (14). Aline gasket with seal housing
(33) Attach seal housing (13) to bearing housing (26) using capscrews (10) and lockwashers (11). Torque
capscrews to 24 ft lb (33 Nm).
(34) Install key (37) into pump shaft keyway.
(35) Assemble pulley and flange assembly. Install O-ring (5) into seal mounting (4). Attach pulley (7) to drive
flange (6) using capscrew (9) and lockwashers (8). Torque capscrews to 24 ft lb (33 Nm).
(36) Apply gear oil (item 15, Appendix B) to sealing surface of drive flange (6) and pump shaft end. Slide pulley
and flange assembly onto shaft (38).
(37) Install washer (3) and slotted nut (1) and tighten firmly. It will be necessary to hold shaft while tightening
slotted nut, using pump shaft support fixture (3, Appendix D).
(38) Install new cotter pin (2) through slotted nut (1). Bend cotter pin legs; one over nut, one over shaft. Cut
cotter pin legs as necessary.
(39) Install revolution counter pinion as detailed in para. 2-13.12.
(40) Install pump head as detailed in para. 2-13.6.
(41) Install impeller as detailed in para. 2-13.4.
(42) Install volute body as detailed in para. 2-13.3.
(43) Install water ring primer as detailed in para. 2-13.7.
(44) Fill bearing housing with lubricant as detailed in Lube Order LO 5-4210-220-12.
(45) Test fire pump as detailed in para. 2-13.14.