FIRE PUMP - Continued
Remove fiber driving wheel as detailed in para. 2-13.8.
Repair non-return valve as detailed in para. 2-13.9 as required.
Remove the ten nuts (21), lockwashers (22), and flat washers (23) from the studs (34) in the primer body (36).
Separate the primer housing (37) and primer body (36) from the suction and delivery cover (30). The shaft,
bearings, and impeller are still attached to the primer bearing housing.
(10) Remove and discard gaskets (27 and 35).
(11) Examine studs (34) and replace as necessary. There are four different stud lengths, identify length and
location of stud before removing.
(12) Carefully examine the impeller (26) inner diameter, and the corresponding outer diameter of the suction and
delivery cover (30) for excessive scoring or wear.
(13) If the suction and delivery cover (30) needs to be replaced, remove the cover plate (31) by removing the self-
locking screws (33) and washers (32).
(14) If the impeller (26) needs to be replaced, remove impeller retaining screw (29), washer (28), and pull impeller
from shaft (19). If any resistance is encountered pulling the impeller, it may be levered out of the primer
bearing housing (37).
(15) Remove the circlip (13).