4-31. FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION - Continued
(6) Remove grease fittings (2) from all three spring pins (1 and 5).
(7) Remove locknuts (4) from all six shackle locking bolts (3 and 7). Drive out locking bolts with a drift. Take
care not to damage threads.
(8) Remove both shackles (6) from rear of spring by pulling them off the spring pins (5).
(9) While supporting rear end of spring, remove spring front pin (1). It has to be pushed inboard. Remove
spring from where it rests on axle.
(10) Remove spring pin (5) from rear of spring. Remove spring pin (5) from frame.