4-28 ENGINE - Continued
4-28.3 Air Compressor - Continued
Death or serious injury could occur if
compressed air is directed against the
skin. Do not use compressed air for
cleaning or drying unless the pressure
is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11
kg/cm2) or less. When working with
personal protection equipment.
(2) Dry the compressor exterior using
(3) If the compressor is going to be
disassembled, mark the compressor body
as shown. Aligning chalk marks will
ensure proper assembly.
b. Governor Removal
(1) Remove the two capscrews (1) that retain
the governor (2) to the air compressor
cylinder head (3).
(2) Remove and discard governor gasket (4).
c. Air Inlet Connection Removal
(1) Remove the two capscrews (8) that retain
the air intake flange (5) to the air
compressor cylinder head (7).
(2) Remove and discard air intake gasket (1).