4-28 ENGINE - Continued
4-28.3 Air Compressor - Continued
(3) Using sketch made during removal install all pipe fittings in compressor. Coat all threads with pipe
sealant, (item 23 Appendix E) prior to installation.
(4) Coat the air compressor drive coupling (9) with grease (item 16, Appendix E) and install into compressor
hub (12). The grease will help retain drive coupling during installation.
(5) Lift the air compressor into the engine compartment.
(6) Install gasket (13) onto compressor mounting flange.
(7) Install air compressor onto engine and secure using lockwashers (8) and capscrews (7). Tighten
capscrews to 115 ft lb (155 Nm).
(8) Reposition the fire pump governor and secure to main engine using capscrews. Tighten capscrews to
115 ft lb (155 Nm).
(9) Reattach water line to fire pump governor water pressure diaphragm and tighten securely.