4-28. ENGINE - Continued
4-28.2 Oil Cooler - Continued
(6) Slide the water inlet elbow hose (2) in position and tighten the clamps (1).
(7) Install oil filter and mounting cover as detailed in para. 4-28.1.
(8) Close the draincock in oil cooler housing and fill the cooling system to the proper level.
(9) Add sufficient oil to the crankcase to bring the oil level to the proper level on the dipstick.
(10) Start and run the engine for a short period and check for oil and water leaks. After any leaks have been
corrected and the engine has been stopped long enough (approximately twenty minutes) for the oil from various parts of
the engine to drain back to the crankcase, bring the oil level up to the proper level on the dipstick.