4-22. AIR SYSTEM - Continued
4-22.6 Air Regulators.
This task covers
Shop Equipment, Automotive
22, Appendix E, Pipe Sealant
Maintenance and Repair,
Main Engine Shutdown (see para. 2-10)
APU Shutdown (see para. 2-12)
Batteries Disconnected (see para. 4-24)
All Air Tanks Drained
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin. Always
drain all air tanks via the draincocks prior to maintaining the air regulators.
One of these valves is installed in the hose reel compartment on the frame cross member
above the rear axle. It is located on the compartment back wall at the upper right side. This
valve is identical to the throttle regulator on the structural control panel.
(1) Tag and disconnect air lines from air regulator
(2) Remove valve knob (2).
(3) Remove capscrews (1) from valve and remove valve
(4) Remove the connectors from each port
(1) Install a pressure gage and draincock on the delivery
port of the valve
Install a temporary air line and pressure gage on the supply side of the valve
(3) Close the delivery side draincock
(4) Slowly raise the air pressure on the supply side in 5 psi (35 kPa) steps. At each step, be sure both gages
read the same pressure until the set pressure of the gage is reached.