4-18 PUMP, PIPING, AND VALVES - Continued
(29) Install O-ring (35) onto rotation tube (3).
(30) Install rotation tube (3) into the body hole and through the base hole. Install screw (24) and tighten
(31) Temporarily invert the turret and balance on body (25).
(32) Install O-ring (34) into the rotation tube groove. Install from the threaded end of the rotation tube.
(33) Install O-ring (37) into groove of bearing seal (36).
(34) Install bearing seal (36) and ball bearing (26) into the base.
(35) Install pattern control bracket (8) and fasten to base (9) with screws (6) and lockwasher (7). Tighten
(36) Set the key (5) into the keyway of the rotation tube.
(37) Align keyways and slide link mount (4) onto the rotation tube (3).
(38) Install rotation nut (2) and tighten until body (25) can not be turned. Unscrew rotation nut about 1/4 turn
or until body can be rotated freely. Tighten setscrew (1) firmly.
(39) Apply white grease (item 34, Appendix E) to the entire length of the elevation shaft (23) and install into
the rotation tube (3) from the base end (9). Use care not to damage the bushing in the body end of the
(40) Install the head as detailed in steps 15 thru 23 of Head Repair preceding.
(41) Install control cable and adjust as detailed in steps 10 thru 26 of Control Cable Repair preceding.
(42) Install roof turret into truck as detailed in INSTALLATION preceding.