4-17. PUMP DRIVE AND PTO - Continued
(3) Carefully lower the reducer gearbox (3) from its
mounting brackets (4).
(4) Remove the end yoke set screws (5 and 9).
(5) Using a mechanical puller remove the end
yokes (6 and 10).
(6) Remove the keys from the shaft keyways and
inspect for damage.
(7) Remove drain, fill tube and vent from reducer
Damage to reducer gearbox bearings may occur if the companion flange or end yoke are
forced onto the shafts. Ensure that the bores and shafts are free from dirt, paint, or corrosion.
Clean or repair as necessary.
(1) Install the keys into both shaft keyways.
(2) Apply antiseize compound (item 3, Appendix E) to both shafts of the reducer gearbox.
(3) Slide the end yoke (6) onto the high speed shaft. Ensure that end yoke is at least 1/8 in. (3 mm) away
(4) Tighten the end yoke set screw (5) firmly.
(5) Slide the companion flange (10) onto the low speed shaft. Ensure that the companion flange is at least
1/8 in. (3 mm) away from seal.
(6) Tighten the companion flange set screw (9) firmly.