4-17. PUMP DRIVE AND PTO - Continued
4-17.1 Power Take Off Unit - Continued
(18) Install the solenoid valve to PTO high
pressure line (1) into the PTO (3).
(19) Install wiring (5) to pressure switch (4).
(20) Install and tighten the solenoid valve to
PTO high pressure line (1) at the solenoid
(21) Install and torque the transmission drain
plug to 20 ft lb (27 Nm).
(22) Install pump drive shaft, see para. 4-17.2.
(23) Remove dipstick from transmission filler
tube and install transmission fluid (Item 9,
Appendix E) as per lube order LO 5-4210-
(24) Prior to final transmission fluid level check,
engage PTO to fill high pressure line and
clutch cavity (see para. 2-11). Also select
all transmission ranges.
(25) Allow transmission to reach operating
temperature. Check transmission oil level is
in the HOT BAND Top up as required.