4-16. HOSE BODY - Continued
(3) Inspect striker and striker bracket for damage such as worn or cracked striker, or cracked bracket. Replace
as necessary. The latch and striker are ordered as a pair, they should be replaced as a pair.
(4) Assemble striker and bracket. Install the capscrews and new locknuts fingertight. Ensure to install the same
number of washers as removed.
(5) Install the striker bracket into the compartment box and align the mounting holes. Install the capscrews and
new locknuts fingertight.
(6) Adjust the striker and bracket until the compartment door closes properly and is flush with the compartment
box. The striker and striker bracket have slotted mounting holes allowing adjustment in any direction.
(7) Adjust compartment door striker by adding or deleting aluminum shim washers between the striker and
striker bracket. This will raise or lower the striker in relation to the compartment latch.
(8) Tighten the capscrews to 8 ft lb (11 Nm) when the striker and bracket are properly adjusted.
(9) Operate the compartment door a few times to ensure proper operation.
e. Compartment Door Repair.
(1) Remove compartment door as described in REMOVAL preceding.
(2) Using a hammer and a dolly block, remove small dents in perimeter of the door. Large dents in the center of
the door cannot be removed because of the double wall construction. Replace compartment door if damage
does not allow proper closing.
(3) Clean and paint repaired area as described in para. 4-9.
(4) Install compartment door as detailed in INSTALLATION preceding.