4-13. PUMP BODY.
4-13.1 Structural Control Panel
This task covers
Tool Kit, General Mechanic, Automotive,
Main Engine Shutdown (see para. 2-10)
APU Shutdown (see para. 2-12)
Battery Switch OFF
All Air Tanks Drained
25, Appendix E Sealant
101991 Gage Panel Assembly
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin. Always drain
all air tanks via the draincocks prior to maintaining the structural control panel.
(1) Remove throttle and stop control cables
from APU (see Winterization System
Controls Repair following).
(2) Remove spring pin (4) from bottom of
control rod(s) (1). Unscrew all rods.
(3) Remove screws (2) and lift control panel
(3) free of console and control levers.
(4) Support panel so that wires and hoses
(5) Tag and remove wires from electrical
gages and switches.
(6) Tag and remove hoses from water gages
and air controls.
(7) Remove control panel from truck.
(1) Inspect control panel components. Be
sure that all controls and indicators are in
good condition. Replace any failing
inspection as detailed in REPAIR following.