4-12. CAB - Continued
a. Engine Compartment Cover Installation
(1) Place left/right cover so that pins (5) protrude locating holes in compartment frame.
(2) Lift door lock handles (3) and push upper edge of cover into place in frame. Release handles and be
sure both door locks engage.
b. Engine Canopy Installation
(1) Place canopy panel (8) in assembly position on roof structure.
(2) Attach panel using screws (6) and new locknuts (7). Tighten firmly.
(3) Install engine air cleaner as detailed in para. 4-23.8.
a. Door Lock Handle Repair
Compartment cover removed from truck.
Door lock handle is non-repairable. If
defective, it must be replaced
(1) Remove four screws (1) and locknuts (2)
and remove handle (3).
(2) Clean residual sealant from edge of cover
(3) Apply a 1/8 in. (3 mm) bead of sealant
(Item 25, Appendix E) to contact surface of
new door lock handle (3).
(4) Install lock handle using screws (1) and
new locknuts (2). Tighten nuts firmly.