4-12. CAB - Continued
4-12 11 Engine Compartment Covers and Canopy
This task covers
Tool Kit, General Mechanic, Automotive,
Engine Shutdown (see para. 2-10)
APU Shutdown (see para. 2-12)
Battery Switch OFF
The procedures for left and right engine cover removal, installation, and repair are identical.
a. Engine Compartment Cover Removal
(1) Remove left/right cover (1)/(2). Lift door lock handles (3) and pull upper edge of cover free of frame.
(2) Grasp grab handles (4) and lift cover location pins (5) free of engagement with frame.
b. Engine Canopy Removal
(1) Remove engine air cleaner as detailed in
(2) Remove screws (6) and locknuts (7)
attaching canopy panel (8).
(3) Remove canopy panel by lifting it free of
(1) Inspect each compartment cover for damage and defective components. Refer to appropriate repair
procedure if handles, lock, or locating pins are damaged.
(2) Minor dents in the cover panels may be straightened using a hammer and dolly, see para. 4-9. More
extensive damage must be referred to Direct Support Level.