4-12. CAB - Continued
c. Wiper Arm Replacement
(1) Remove wiper blade as detailed in a
(2) Remove washer nozzle as detailed in b
(3) Remove cap nut (2), washer (1) and cap
(4) Pull washer hose (4) off bulkhead fitting.
(5) Carefully pry both wiper arms of the
master shaft. The larger arm is located on
a tapered spline.
(6) Pry washer hose plastic retainer off smaller
arm and remove hose.
(7) Install hose and retainer on new arm. Ensure there is 2 in. (5 cm) free hose at top of arm.
(8) Install blade on new arm.
(9) Locate arm on motor splines. Check that arm is vertical and approximately 4 in. (10 cm) away from left
hand post (looking at front of truck.
(10) Install cap nut (3), washer (1), and cap nut (2). Tighten securely.
(11) Install washer nozzle as detailed in b preceding.
(12) Push washer hose (4) onto bulkhead fitting.
d. Wiper Motor Replacement
(1) Remove wiper arm as detailed in c
preceding. The nozzle and washer hose
need not be removed from the arm.
(2) Remove screws (1) and washers (2).
(3) Pry off motor plate (3).
(4) Tag and remove the air hoses (7, 8) and
water hose (9).
(5) Remove screws (4) and lift off driver unit.
(6) Remove screws (5) and nuts (6) and pull
off the motor. Remove hose fittings.
(7) Install hose fittings on new motor. Coat