4-12. CAB - Continued
(8) Install door latch (2) in door panel and
attach using screws (3).
(9) Attach rod (1) to door latch.
(10) Install inside lower door panel to outer door
panel as detailed in steps 14 and 15 of
Window Repair procedure, b. preceding.
Door Check Repair
(1) Remove rubber bumpers (7), nut (6), and
washers (8) from stop rod. Access these
parts from underneath the cab.
(2) Remove inside lower door panel as detailed
in steps 2 and 3 of Window Repair
procedure, b. preceding.
(3) Remove door check components from the
outer door panel in the order shown.
Replace any broken or worn components.
(4) Before reassembly apply five drops of
threadlock liquid (item 29, Appendix E) to
the nut (1).
(5) Install door check components in reverse
order shown. Turn nut (1) down only 2 to 3
turns after spring (3) starts to compress, or
until rod protrudes top of nut.
(6) Install inside lower door panel to outer door
as detailed in steps 14 and 15 of Window
Repair procedure, b. preceding.
(7) Ensure door check rod protrudes through
door frame. Install bumpers (7), washer
(8), and new locknut (6) on check rod as